[mythtv-users] Problems using the TechnoTrend 3200-S2

Herman Gerritsen lfsmailing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:45:01 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am trying to set up Mythtv with an Techno Trend 3200-S2 card on ubuntu 9.04
I have been installing the drivers that www.linuxtv.org points to.
The driver works and I can use scan-s2 and szap-s2 to tune and lock
FTA channels.
(I have not yet tried any encrypted channels using the CI-Module)
Through dvbstreamer and vlc I can also watch the channels (The
qualtity is not very well though...)

Yet I cannot get mythtv running with this card.
Following the instruction provided on www.linuxtv.org and the mythtv
instructions to compile from source.
I have tried this on ubuntu 8.04, 8.10 and recently on 9.04.

I can not scan from within mythtv-setup, it just times out.
When I use the channels.conf provided by scan-s2 I do get some channels,
these I can use to continue my setup. But when I get to start mythfrontend
it reports that my dvb card is unavailble (in the InformationCenter)

Reading through the tutorials I understand that it is possible to  use
this card in Mythtv.
My question is:
Is someone here using this card with Mythtv to watch dvb-s channels
and can explain me what distro OS they are using and what revision of
mythtv and patches
Maybe I can get that working too:)

Thanks Herman