[mythtv-users] Comcast KNOWS Myths HDHomerun Channel Scanner is broken

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Apr 27 14:56:07 UTC 2009

> Second, I have discovered the exact same thing with Wide Open West.
> all of the "analog" stations are being transmitted in a digital (but non-HD) version.

Son of a *****. I had a feeling it would happen sooner or later
(though I was hoping I was wrong), but as of this morning the digital
broadcasts of the basic cable channels are now all encrypted.
Generally I'm pretty happy with WOW, but a bit ticked that they would
do that. They are all part of the basic cable package, which all WOW
subscribers can receive, so it doesn't really make much sense that
they should need to encrypt them.

And I just ordered myself a second hdhomerun yesterday to replace my 2
hauppauge analog cards. Luckily it was on backorder, so I still have
time to cancel the order (as I don't really need 4 tuners for my 7 HD
local channels).

--
Ron