[mythtv-users] Wireless USB devices and USB tuners

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 27 16:12:34 UTC 2009

Has anyone used this or a similar device with a USB tuner?

http://www.provantage.com/cables-go-29570~7CBT941U.htm

I mean successfully, of course.

Or, does anyone have a better solution for locating a tuner where a cable to
it would be problematical? Short of going to an 802.11-connected slave
backend?

This is not for me, I believe in copper paths, but a friend of mine wants to
try it out. My main concern is the "supports both XP and Vista", so I wonder
if it needs some proprietary driver, though if it meets USB specs it
shouldn't need one.

--
beww
beww at beww.org