[mythtv-users] uPNP Stream to PS3 woes

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 27 16:21:41 UTC 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 10:00:43 Michael Craven wrote:
> I'm capturing AVC/AC3 fine to a file that myth writes as mpg on the
> storage disk... I can see the Myth uPNP server from my PS3 and have no
> issues surfing about the various menus to find recordings. When I try to
> play a recording, I get a 'data corrupt' message. :-(
>

> The files myth is writing are accessible from another uPNP server
> running in my network and it will stream them to the PS3 just fine. I
> was capturing AVC/AAC before and that wouldn't play on the PS3 without
> transcoding no matter with server was doing the streaming.
>

> Does anyone have some thoughts on why one server streams just fine and
> the myth server seems to upset the PS3? The streams should be the same,
> no? Beyond that, I assume others are doing post-capture transcodes/user
> jobs? As a second option, can I get some direction to setting some
> post-capture massaging up?

"Data Corrupt" is a generic message the PS3 give you when it is unhappy for
any reason, so it doesn't tell you much.

Just as a data point, I can play PVR-recorded files on my PS3 without
problems, though my DSM-520 has problems with high bitrates on the PVR
recordings, which makes no sense since it playes DVD rips OK, and the
problematical PVR files are the same resolution and bitrate.

I'm assuming you have the latest updates to the PS3, they have made some
changes recently.

--
beww
beww at beww.org