[mythtv-users] WBBM Chicago OTA guide data

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Tue Apr 28 00:46:52 UTC 2009

Myth User wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am located 60 miles from the lakefront and get my HD locals over comcasts
> funky OTA to cable conversion process.  All channels work properly except
> WBBM.  I get 2-1, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 7-1, 7-2, 7-3, 9-1, 11-1, 11-2, 11-3, 32-1
> etc... all over the cable as if they were OTA.  The problem is that I
> believe I am receiving blank OTA guide data only on my WBBM 2-1 Chicago CBS
> channel. This causes blank data to be overwritten with what schedules direct
> shows in mythtv (all other channels are fine).  In my mythtv-setup I have
> tried unchecking the box for "Use on air guide XMLTV ID:", yet it is still
> overwritten in my guide to all blanks for the next 12 hours.  However, I do
> have guide data from 12 hours in the future through 2 weeks.  I suspect that
> the blank OTA data is overwriting the data SD is pulling but cant be sure.
> Do you have any suggestions for this channel, or is there something not
> working with SD properly? In theory if SD is sending me guide data for 2-1,
> there should be a way to use that data instead of OTA all together.  Thanks
> in advance.

I am also in the Chicago market, and I just checked - I do get guide
data for WBBM-DT, so it is there in Schedules Direct.

There is probably a mismatch with your callsign for 2-1/WBBM-DT from SD,
and what you have setup/scanned in your MythTV system.  When you do a
channel scan in Myth, the call letters you get for 2-1 (probably
WBBM-DT) are what you should configure SD to download data for in your
channel lineup setup at the SD website.

It's possible you had it setup properly at one point, and got data for
it, but changed your lineup at SD later, and so now your guide data for
2-1 is slowly disappearing with each update from SD.