[mythtv-users] VDPAU playback stuttering when XvMC playback is just fine?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 03:38:14 UTC 2009

I'm using Avenard's VDPAU packages on a clean install of Mythbuntu
9.04 with a GeForce 8200 and when I use VDPAU playback the video
occasionally stutters and the audio will drop out every once in a
while, but if I switch to the CPU-- playback profile using XvMC, then
it plays just fine. Do I have something setup incorrectly? Or is my
hardware just not up to the task or something?

If it matters, I have the Bob 2x deinterlacer selected as the primary
deinterlacer in both setups.

Thanks,
Dave