[mythtv-users] Jaunty frontend and Asus M3N78-EM

David Herman dherman516 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:54:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:51 AM, David Herman <dherman516 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I attempted to upgrade my frontend to Jaunty (clean install) on the
>> weekend and could not get the SPDIF port to light up using all of the
>> documented steps in Allen's wiki page.
>>
>> I had to switch back to the working system before the kids got up but
>> just wanted to let others know that there could be some work to do...
>>
> Hi Phil!

I had the SAME EXACT issue. I could not get SPDIF functional with the
Motherboard's audio. I ended up saying $%#%$ this and turned off the MB
audio and installed a Turtle Beach PCI card I had laying around.

I did see some posts indicating that the .19 alsa update might fix it, but I
did not have time (or the inclination) to compile alsa

Dave