[mythtv-users] VDPAU playback stuttering when XvMC playback is just fine?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:30:22 UTC 2009

>> I had problems with the 180.51 driver and VDPAU. Everything was fine
>> until I updated to 180.51. I started getting starting during my
>> playback with my PVR-150 recordings. And I started getting
>> macroblocking with my h264/mkv videos during playback. I rolled back
>> to 180.44 and everything has been fine for me again.
>
> Whats the best way to roll back?
>
> (I am using mythbuntu with JYA's repo)

I just did it from the command line, because I mostly manage my box
via ssh. First I see what the exact versions are with

apt-cache policy nvidia-glx-180  (and the same thing with
nvidia-180-kernel-source)

Then you can force a version with aptitude or apt-get like this

sudo aptitude install nvidia-glx-180=180.44-0ubuntu1   (appending the
=version will force it to downgrade to that version)