[mythtv-users] rtsp video streaming

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Wed Apr 29 22:09:39 UTC 2009

Hi Luisan,

Look at the "Darwin Streaming Server:"

http://dss.macosforge.org/

In addition to building and installing Darwin, you'll have to write some
web page code and probably also transcode the video files to another
format like MPEG4. You'll need to look at your STBs to determine what
video formats they support over RSTP.

I used the Darwin Streaming Server to allow my cellphone to view mythtv
videos transcoded to 3GP (cellphone) video format over RTSP.

JSB

Luisan Martinez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've installed MythTV. I've configured mythweb and mythstream, but my
> purpose is to stream all videos over RTSP, not http. The architecture
> I have is one mythv server and some IP STBs (Aminet), and Aminet can
> only receive over IGMP or RTSP, in this case RTSP is what I'd need.
>
> Luisan

==
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04
MythTV 0.21-fixes 20018M+VDPAU+HDPVR_patches
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 9500GT (VDPAU) fanless 1GB PCIe x16 videocard
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.10.4
HDHomerun /sys/version 20071120
Moto DCH3416 Cablebox + HDPVR & Firewire
4GB RAM
2- 500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS Rev 3.AA
1- 1.5TB Seagate SATA: ST31500341AS Rev SD1B
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A