[mythtv-users] CableCARD spoofed by DIY community

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Apr 29 23:57:01 UTC 2009

>> The problem is I believe you can not move a cable card from 1 device
>> to second.

Right now, people have demonstrated spoofing using the same mobo as
an approved device. So the next step would be spoofing from a different
mobo but same BIOS family, then...

> If true, that is just silly...  Someone needs to start a DRM-free, IPTV system,
> and show them how it really gets done...

I thought that was MythTV? The Dutch crazies^H^H^H^H users who have
spoofed their STBs to get IPTV streams are an example of this:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sasktel_IPTV

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/