[mythtv-users] Key bindings for internal DVD player - "dvd root menu"

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Apr 30 00:05:12 UTC 2009

> Other opinions on MythWeb being worth the weight?  On my system simply
> trying to "emerge -atv mythweb" drags along 9 other packages, apache and php
> being of course the heaviest.

In my opinions, it's very much worth it. It's the best way to quickly
look through the guide, set up recording schedules, check out and
resolve upcoming conflicts, identify when programs aren't properly
identified as new and set a recording override, etc. If you do much
work on your system (it seems I'm always tweaking something), the
backend status page is the best way to identify if any of the tuners
are busy recording (before you go and do something that might
interrupt them).

In addition, I find just having apache/php installed is a great
benefit if you don't have a dedicated server beside your mythtv box.
I've got web apps setup for an address book, recipe lists, and for
browsing/streaming my mp3 collection remotely. If you run any websites
(as I do), it's also a nice place to do your development locally and
then roll out the changes to the real server. If you install a nice
web gui like phpmyadmin, it's also the most convenient way to tinker
in the database, which is something I find very handy.

--
Ron