[mythtv-users] No EIT Data (UK)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Apr 30 10:19:16 UTC 2009

James Stembridge wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> 2009/4/29 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
>> If you fire up a LiveTV session on a channel that is on the same
>> multiplex as your radio channels (e.g. BBC Four for the BBC radio
>> channels) do you see data start to appear?
>
> No I don't. I left LiveTV tuned to BBC Radio 1 overnight to be sure
> and nothing was collected. Some recordings last night did seem to
> collect data though, so I at least have some radio data for scheduling
> again.

 From my past experience, EIT data was never available for the radio channels,
so your experiment may not have had the desired effect. Although it would
obviously consume more disk space, you might be better off trying a TV channel
for your test.

It's not what Nick asked you to do, he wanted a TV channel on the same multiplex
as the radio ones (as I read what he wrote).

Bit of a chicken and egg situation you've got there, though. You can't schedule
a recording until you know when to record, and you're implying the EIT data
doesn't get filled unless you are recording.

--

Mike Perkins