[mythtv-users] CableCARD spoofed by DIY community

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Apr 30 11:43:21 UTC 2009

> This is all Windows talk. There are no drivers for this card for Linux. It
> is fairly unlikely that these drivers will be produced, as far as I can see,
> due to the proprietary ATI hardware.

I don't know about that. There are a lot of talented developers out
there that are willing to reverse engineer and develop drivers for
almost anything. Yeah, some complex hardware doesn't get drivers
written for it without open specs, but I think for the most part,
those devices all have alternatives. In this case, a cable card is
something that would be very popular, and there currently isn't any
supported cable card. I think making the effort to get the first cable
card that works under linux is something people would be interested
in. It could very well happen once all the details of using it under
Windows are worked out.

--
Ron