[mythtv-users] looking for cheapest fanless VDPAU card for Australian use

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Sat Aug 1 11:23:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard<jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/29 Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com>:
>> Specifically I want to do advanced2x on OneHD, which I believe is in
>> 1080i.  The VDPAU wiki page is a bit cluttered and hard to draw
>> conclusions from...
>
> Only the 9500 and above will do it..
> Or 8600 and above.
>
> Both exists in fanless .. The 8600 may be hard to find these days ..

Bought a fanless Palit 9500GT 1gb from the markets today for $78.
Watching the AFL on oneHD now with Advanced2X.

Wow.

Night and day.  Thank you to the devs who added vdpau, thank you to
nvidia for making it.  Best TV I've watched since switching to
mythtv... I never thought myth would look as good as the built in
deinterlacer on my samsung LCD but now it does!