[mythtv-users] The strangest behaviour

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 14:40:09 UTC 2009

Hi all

I am trying to determine what has happened to my audio...

Everything has been working fine for months, but now, all of a sudden,
audio is playing up.

Audio on standard definition transmission live TV and recordings are
fine. Anything that is high definition does not work.
Well, about 95% of the time there is nothing and then I get about a
second of audio before nothing again.

I am connected using SP-DIF between mythfrontend and hi-fi receiver.

If I look at the optical cable, I can see the red light so it is transmitting.

Has anyone seen this type of behaviour before?

Anyone suggestions on how to further debug this would be great...

Cheers

Phil