[mythtv-users] The strangest behaviour

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 16:46:36 UTC 2009

2009/8/1 Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Phil Wild<philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I am trying to determine what has happened to my audio...
>>
>> Everything has been working fine for months, but now, all of a sudden,
>> audio is playing up.
>>
>> Audio on standard definition transmission live TV and recordings are
>> fine. Anything that is high definition does not work.
>> Well, about 95% of the time there is nothing and then I get about a
>> second of audio before nothing again.
>>
>> I am connected using SP-DIF between mythfrontend and hi-fi receiver.
>>
>> If I look at the optical cable, I can see the red light so it is transmitting.
>>

>> Has anyone seen this type of behaviour before?
>>
>> Anyone suggestions on how to further debug this would be great...
>>

> Do you have the "Extra Audio Buffering" turned on?  This same thing
> recently happened to me.

Yes I do,

I just tried turning it off though and it has made no difference....

I have just ripped my system apart and switched to my original inbuilt
hdmi video port and piped the audio through it. I get exactly the same
result so the problem is not the actual SP-DIF port. I guess it could
be my motherboard...

Any other suggestions?

Phil