[mythtv-users] Questions on PXE booting a frontend

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Aug 4 12:40:09 UTC 2009

> If it's working I wonder if it is because of luck.

I doubt that. It worked fine with my D-Link router, then when I
upgraded to a Linksys, and then when I reloaded the Linksys with
DD-WRT. On top of that, Ive added new switches, replaced switches,
reorganized the wiring, etc as my network has grown over the years.
I've even replaced the master backend (used to be a P3-400, now it's a
Core2Duo) and the frontends have been both the current Core2Duo
systems as well as the Hauppauge MediaMVPs I was using once upon a
time.

So if everything has been working up until now purely via luck, it
would have to be a crapload of luck.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/