[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 950Q, Fedora 11 - Kaffeine finds channels but MythTV doesn't

stan stanlist at cox.net
Tue Aug 4 23:45:20 UTC 2009

I'm running Fedora 11, and I'm capturing with an Hauppauge 950Q USB.

Kaffeine's channel scan finds all of my over the air ATSC channels, but
mythtvsetup channel scan is finding only one ATSC channel at most.

The only parameter I could find in Kaffeine is "tuner timeout" which is set
to the default 1500 ms.   I changed the mythtvsetup "DVB Tuning Delay" field
from 0 to 1500 ms, but that didn't help.

I installed the MythTV package from RPMFusion.  RPM reports I have version
0.21-20.fc11.i586.

MythTV channel scan used to run with the same hardware on Fedora 10, but I
had playback display problems.  Fedora 11 seems to have fixed the display
problems, but now I can't get MythTV to find the ATSC channels.

Is there another parameter I should be looking at?

Thanks,
--stan