[mythtv-users] Clone MythTV HDD

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 04:27:09 UTC 2009

> I have already returned 1 x WD, 1 x Maxtor and 3 x Seagates (all new) this
> year already. Only Hitachi have been 100% for me.

This year, I believe I returned 1 seagate SATA2 of the 100 seagates
and an equal number of other manufacturers drives. All of which are
spinning 24/7 at work. Out of all of these drives only a small few of
these report remapped sectors and none of these have had anywhere near
exhausted their extra sectors so that errors were seen on a filesystem
level. Also some of the ide drives are 7 years old and still operating
in raid 5 arrays.

John