[mythtv-users] Clone MythTV HDD

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Aug 5 18:08:56 UTC 2009

On 5 Aug 2009, at 19:57, John Drescher wrote:

>> In theory, if you use LVM, couldn't you attach the new disks to the
>> old
>> machine, add them to the LVM pool, use pvmove to migrate data from
>> old to
>> new, then remove the old disks from the pool?
>>

> That should work, I have done that successfully several times.

Exactly what I've done many times, well every time bigger disks get
cheap anyway.
Combined with a hot swap sata rack means no loss of MythTV service
too, the pvmove uses a low io priority too so you can record and play
while it's all going on underneath.

Will be going for another time when 2TB drives get cheap enough,
hopefully soon.

Andre