[mythtv-users] help on setting up Dazzle DM-5000 USB capture device

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Aug 5 23:29:55 UTC 2009

Probably my last post on this topic since this is an older, lower quality
device, that may be defective for all I know--thus making further efforts
on it questionable. With this note I'll just provide a link to an old
thread at linuxquestions.org wherein a poster infers that he has gotten
this device working under Linux/usbvision (he says "I've built the driver
- it isn't too difficult, and you don't need to mess around rebuilding
kernels etc - and have used it with a Dazzle DM-5000 . . ."). See
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/video-editing-302533/?s=0ae553b2ecb9013dd6f5098640f4d8e0
for the full discussion.

Thanks,
James