[mythtv-users] DB upgrade from custom DVB-S2 patch to trunk (was: Re: Greetings - S2api still in the pipe for 0.22 ?)

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Thu Aug 6 15:28:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 04:40:12PM +0200, IDE-KOSTIC Peter wrote:

> I have a good mythconverg database that is filled with a lot of dvb-s2
> channels on Astra and HB, I also have set the channel table table with
> the icons, xmltv-ids, etc so its perfect... I used to watch dvb-s2
> channels using the oroginal patch from wagabunda, the very last version
> on svn that I needed to reverse patch with the old channel scanning
> branch to make wagabunda's patch work.

[...]

> So my question is quite simple.... is there a way I can convert my
> current mythconverg database from 1238 to 1239 without losing all the
> info in the dtv_multiplex table and the channel table ?

Yes, it should be easy to convert the data and make the schema upgrade
manually.

I'm cc-ing mythtv-users mailing list since it could be interesting for
others.

Please reply with the output of following two mysql commands.

DESCRIBE dtv_multiplex;
SELECT DISTINCT mod_sys, rolloff FROM dtv_multiplex;

Janne