[mythtv-users] picking channel to record show from

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 15:14:30 UTC 2009

It probably chooses to do that based upon which tuner is currently free.

I'm in a situation where I receive some broadcast channels better than
others (darn digital artifacts...).  What I did was give one channel
just slightly more weight (+1) (you can do this using mythweb).  This
way, when the same show is on competing channels, Myth will record
from the channel that gives me less digital artifacts.

Matt
P.S.  I'm at work right now, so I can't give you the exact reference
to the "weight" setting I'm using.