[mythtv-users] picking channel to record show from

Matthew Zimmerman mzimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 19:33:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Michael T. Dean<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Matt, you probably don't want to increase the channel priority of the better
> channel.  Read the above-mentioned section (12) of the HOWTO for why.

Mike, I've seen you write that before, and I've read the section 12 of
the HOWTO as you've suggested, but I haven't been able to determine
why the best case in my scenario isn't to increase channel priority.

About my setup, I have one antenna that's split into two cards.  One
pchdtv-5500 and an air2pc card.  I have only one input defined.  The
pchdtv card does better than the air2pc card, so I have the input
priorities set correctly.  I'm between Washington DC and Baltimore, so
I get channels from both.  In my case for example, one CBS comes in
better than another.  I use +1 for channel priorities and multiples of
+5 for weighting the shows I prefer.  Doing this, I figure that a +1
for a channel priority will ever override the selection of a certain
show; it should only determine which channel to record that show on.

Any insight, clarity, or suggestions you or anyone else have would be
much appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt