[mythtv-users] SRT subtitles

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sat Aug 8 11:59:00 UTC 2009

Bill Williamson wrote:
>> Wow, you led me to my big mistake... I have a blah.idx and a blah.sub,
>> not blah.srt!!!  I saw something.s** and just assumed it was srt!

You have a couple of options that I've tested.  I've been re-doing my
library and ripping out the SRTs of all my DVDs (Around 250).

I do the following:

Extract the vobs to my hard drive:
vobcopy -o ./ -t dvdtitle

Then I use ccextractor on just one of the vobs to see if it can pull a
good SRT.

ccextractor inso6-1.vob

If it's a good copy, then I start again with it pulling against all the vobs

ccextractor inso6-1.vob+

If it's not able to pull a good SRT, then I fall back to running SubRip
with WINE to OCR it

So far, It's worked every time.

Doug

http://freshmeat.net/projects/vobcopy