[mythtv-users] Audio cd plays with hickups in MythMusic

Herman Gerritsen lfsmailing at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 12:38:37 UTC 2009

> 1) mmap() for the GUS synthesizer playback is ugly (GUS Classic)
> 2) mmap() for PCI chips from Cirrus Logic (snd-card-cs461x) is not
> implemented"
> -----
>
> Are you really using one of these extremely old cards?  If so, I completely
> understand how playback issues could occur (in audio, which can even cause
> issues in video), and you may want to get a better sound card.  If not, your
> configuration is broken--either the ALSA configuration or the MythTV (or
> MythMusic) audio configuration.
No I am not using one of these old cards.
I had tried with my onboard soundcard (ALC883 on a asus M2A-VM 690G
mainboard) and an Sounblaster live 5.1 (pci).
Both had the same problem in MythMusic not in any other player
on the same machine. Though I have tried both with the analog output.
(At the moment I cannot try the digital outputs...)

> My guess is that you have PulseAudio enabled.  If so, that's almost
> definitely the problem.
I have tried uninstalling PulseAudio and installing esound using this howto
(http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-remove-pulse-audio-ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex.html).
After a system restart the problem still exists with both audio cards.
But I used the same binaries of mythtv and mythmusic.
Did you mean that mythtv and mythmysic should be recompiled without
PulseAudio support? Or can I disable PulseAudio for my current binaries?

Thanks,
Herman