[mythtv-users] backend system won't detect a drive

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 15:56:25 UTC 2009

> Completely irrelevant for SATA drives.
>
> There is a jumper that may make a difference, though.  Some drives
> don't negotiate speed properly with some motherboards, so there's a
> jumper to force the drive to operate at SATA 1 speed.  It's worth a
> look.

I will have to look for this. I don't see any jumpers on the drive
itself. Is this something that would be on the motherboard? Before I
posted here I had already changed cables and ports and the same drive
always had problems. I even put it in an external enclosure and
connected it via esata, with the same result.