[mythtv-users] "Miro Bridge" a new MythTV script enhancement

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Mon Aug 10 00:19:39 UTC 2009

Nasa,

The test for the presence of the Imagemagick "convert" utility is fairly
simple. The return codes may be different on you distro then mine. I
made a very simple script that will display the out put and print a
return code when the script tries
to execute a nonsense executable;e and then convert.
Clip out the script excluding the dashes and paste into a file named
"test_convert_return_code.py" then make that file executable.

Next execute the "test_convert_return_code.py" from the command line and
copy the output and email the reply in the mailing list. I will look at
the scripts output to determine what is wrong.

Thanks

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: UTF-8 -*-
#  test_convert_return_code.py
# Purpose: Used to verify the return values for a check that the
Imagemagick "convert" utility
#          is installed and accessible
#
import sys, os, time, subprocess

cmd = "nothing -version"
print "Return for 'nothing' value:(%d)" % subprocess.call(u'%s' % cmd,
shell=True)
print

cmd = "convert -version"
print "Return for 'convert' value:(%d)" % subprocess.call(u'%s' % cmd,
shell=True)

sys.exit()