[mythtv-users] updating the database after manual transcoding

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:12:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Michael
Spiegel<michael.m.spiegel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been running mythtranscode manually on some of my older
> recordings to re-encode them into smaller files.  Does the mythtv
> database store the file formats along with the other recording
> information? I've noticed that the file size listed in the mythtv
> frontend does not change after I convert the files.

Take a look my external script that cuts out commercials using projectx:
http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay/blob/ef2bfa3c129fed1bdd1639ac504b67d46f199cd9/Other/shell-scripts/mythtv/pxcut.sh

In that code you will be most interested in the

function update_filesize

John