[mythtv-users] MythTV can use DVBS or DVBT - but cannot do both

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Mon Aug 10 19:16:16 UTC 2009

On 08/10/2009 08:07 PM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:
>>> For example, if you have unused inputs that have channels attached -
>>> from a previous scan, all EIT information vanishes ?, when I delete the
> unused inputs, the EIT is instantly back.
>
> Can you clarify what you mean here by Input? A card, A video source
> OR a map between a card and a video source
> ?
> Gareth

running mythtv-setup -> input connections

shows the following:

Input connections

[ DVB: 0 ] [DVBInput -> (None)
[ DVB: 1 ] [DVBInput -> (None)
[ DVB: 2 ] [DVBInput -> (None)
[ DVB: 3 ] [DVBInput -> DVBT-MUX1
[ DVB: 4 ] [DVBInput -> DVBT-MUX2
[ DVB: 5 ] [DVBInput -> DVBT-MUX3
[ DVB: 6 ] [DVBInput -> DVBT-MUX4
[ DVB: 7 ] [DVBInput -> DVBT-MUX5
[ DVB: 8 ] [DVBInput -> DVBT-MUX6
[ DVB: 9 ] [DVBInput -> DVBT-LIVE-TV1
[ DVB: 10 ] [DVBInput -> DVBT-LIVE-TV2

As you can see, I've had to effectively unmap the first 3 inputs (my
DVBS cards).

I should correct a previous statement, i said unused inputs, I meant
unused "video sources"

Albert.