[mythtv-users] No connection to the backend

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 14:57:14 UTC 2009

About once a month, myth stops working.  Last Sunday, the only message in
the log files that seemed unusual was in mythfrontend.log

2009-08-09 21:28:59.723 Event socket closed. No connection to the backend.

Nothing unusual in mysql.log or mythbackend.log at or around the same time.
 My wife watched a show and when it ended there was a message on screen that
the connection was lost.  I run a database check every night and just have
no idea what is going on.

Back in January I posted a request for help on this and at that time it was
associated with a malloc and a backend crash but this time there is no such
error.  The backend has no hint of a problem in its log file. The mysql log
file looks fine except that activity stops at the time of the problem.  Just
the above message in the frontend log file.

Myth 8.04 AMD 5400+ HDHR plus two Ari2PC cards.

Anyone know what could be going on and what I should look for?

Allen