[mythtv-users] Done with ATI

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Aug 11 19:46:24 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 13:41:44 Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Stephen Shelton wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:19:14 -0400
> >
> > John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Fanless will limit you a bit. Here is one option.
> >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127396
> >>
> >> --
> >> John M. Drescher
> >
> > I saw that, it's on my list of possibilities. Low profile would be nice
> > though. Those gpu fans tend to be so loud...
>
> Low profile and fanless will be a tall order to fill as without a fan
> the heatsinks must be bigger.

Also, be aware that a lot of the fanless cards will block the adjacent slot,
not a problem if you don't need that slot, but trouble otherwise.

I think there are some vendors that sell replacement GPU fans that are pretty
near silent, sorry I don't have a link to any such, but I've seen them
around.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org