[mythtv-users] Zotac memory ?

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 12 15:33:19 UTC 2009

I know this isn't quite myth related, but perhaps it will help
others interested in buying a Zotac ion board.

I bought 2 of these boards, the single core with power supply
variety. Neither of them make it to the BIOS boot screen.

I have a PS2 keyboard plugged in, VGA monitor (although I've
also tried DVI), memory and of course the power supply. I've
also tried it with a USB memory stick.

When I power it on, the keyboard and USB drive light up
briefly but then nothing.

I tried clearing the CMOS with jumper 1.

The only thing in common is the memory. I bought this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134117

Kingston ValueRAM, 2x1GB, DDR2 800MHz, 240 pin, CAS latency 5, 1.8V

I've tried with one stick in each slot, and with both.

Is this even the right kind of memory ? What are others using ?

If not the memory, is there something obvious that I'm supposed to do
to get it to power up ?

Thanks