[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Video Acceleration Question (h.264)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:11:02 UTC 2009

2009/8/14  <doug at fawnanddoug.com>:
> Thanks also for the quick response.  I didn't realize that there were Mac
> Minis that had nvidia chipsets.  Acceleration for the intel chipset is
> definitely good news though - is there any way I can help with the dev?

The issue lies with Intel here. They are yet to release something useful...

But I wouldn't expect much from the GMA950 in your mac mini anyway,
it's crap and very underpowered.
Not even  OpenGL is working properly on that beast.

I sold my mac mini for that reason, never managed to get an
appropriate, high quality video playback... always got a slight
tearing