[mythtv-users] No connection to the backend

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 16:39:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Gareth Glaccum
<gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com> wrote:

> Were there any segfaults in dmesg?

You are going to have to help me understand this.

The problem happened at 21:28 on Sunday.  I cycled power shortly after that.
If I look at the output of dmesg, there are segfaults near the end of
the file but I assume they happened after the last power cycle, right?
 I look at /var/log/dmesg, which was created after the incident and
/var/log/dmesg.0 which was created before the incident (2 1/2 weeks
before) and there are no segfaults in either file.  I guess these log
files do not log all the events that dmesg shows though.

Does this answer your question?  I guess I should look at dmesg before
power cycling next time this happens.

Allen