[mythtv-users] Zotac memory ?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Aug 14 13:35:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Dennis Cartier<dennis.cartier at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect the Zotac ION boards are somewhat picky when it comes to memory.

I suspect you're right.

I looked at purchasing a Za Reason Ion Breeze, which uses a Zotac
board, and I emailed them to ask why the web form allowed you to
configure it with 3GB but not 4GB.  Their response was:

  4GB is listed as supported, but when we tested them, the bios was
only able to see 3GB.

About a week later they contacted me with a follow-up:

  We re-tested it again. Upgrading from 3GB to 4 GB only gives you half
  a gig more actual usable ram. We've enabled that option on the order
  page if you're still interested in more than 3 GB.

but by that time I'd already decided that the atom was just not quite
fast enough for what I was looking for.

Eric