[mythtv-users] Auto generate a cutlist?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Aug 14 19:22:39 UTC 2009

rod wrote:
> I have upwards of 100 recordings that I would like to trim off a few
> minutes from the begining and the ending prior to converting them with
> nuvexport.
>
> What sort of tools sould I use the auto-generate cutlist(s)?

A bit of scripting and mysql knowledge could do this.  Grab a list of
shows from recorded (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Recorded_table),
searching by fields 'chanid' and 'title'. Create a cutlist for one of
the recordings, and then lookup and duplicate the corresponding lines in
recordedmarkup (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Recordedmarkup_table) onto
the other shows.  Start adding lines into jobqueue
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jobqueue_table) and you can automatically
spawn off transcode jobs to do the commercial clipping.  As always, run
this on dummy recordings until you confirm it works.