[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct now offers Canadian OTA digital listings...

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Sat Aug 15 03:55:46 UTC 2009

Hi!

Colin McGregor wrote:
> For those of us in Canada, do note that Schedules Direct is now
> offering over the air (O.T.A.) listing data for digital TV stations.
>
> Up until now, as someone living in Toronto, Ontario I have claimed to
> Schedules Direct to be in Youngstown, NY (the point in the US closest
> to me). This allowed me to get the Buffalo, NY O.T.A. digital station
> listings, but ... that seemed wrong, as I am happy / proud to be
> Canadian ...

In my case I pretend to be in Richford, VT...

> The current listings aren't perfect (they don't include the fairly new
> Ion channels (51.1 - 51.4), but still, nice, if small improvement...

In my case even after re-adding the lineup there are still quite a few missing
channels... I wonder if it would be best to wait a while for things to stabilize
(since it's so new that they support digital OTA in Canada) or if we should start
reporting lineup issues...

Thanks for the heads up!

Nick