[mythtv-users] Comcast Pace DC50X help?

Jim Goddard monkeys_typing at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 15 05:37:16 UTC 2009

I am hoping that someone can help me out.  I am trying to use my MCE remote to control the Pace DC50X DTA, and I am out of ideas.

I found the following articles/posts, but the one .conf file I have found is not quite working.

http://regx.dgswa.com/html/node/134
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-remote/thread.cgi?9104

I have tried to create a new recording with irrecord, but it wouldn't read the remote (I am pretty sure that this is due to the XMP IR protocol it uses).

I have also tried modifying the conf file itself based on information from here:
http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/technicaldetails.html

I believe some of my changes helped a bit.

What I see is this:
"irsend SEND_ONCE DC50X 1" results in 11 entered most times
2 works mostly
3 mostly working now sometimes there is a hitch before or after, occasional duplication (33)
4 works
5 works now
6 works
7 works
8 generally read as 7
9 very random.  Mostly 89, sometimes 999 or 98 or 8 or 9
0 works
Enter works I believe.

I can't be the only one that is having issues with this DTA box, does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim