[mythtv-users] Mythstream for trunk

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sat Aug 15 19:06:25 UTC 2009

Marc Tousignant wrote:

> Apple parser still plays the crappy ipod video (m4v) event when there are
> (HD 480p), (HD 720p), and (HD 1080p) sources available. Reading the parser
> code it seems to grab the string that follows the first
> <key>previewURL</key>. If we could get it to follow one further down the
> list that should fix that issue. For instance, have it find the string that
> follows the songName that contains (HD 720p) and grab the first previewURL
> after that.
> For example: <key>songName</key>
>              <string>VFX Concept Test (HD 720p)</string>
> Several lines below this you will find.
>   <key>previewURL</key>
>
> <string>http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/tronlegacy/tronlegacy-vfx_conc
> epttest_h720p.mov</string>
>
> I would make the above changes myself if I knew how.

I have added a patch to the apple trailers parser so that it provides a
list of all trailer resolutions from witch to select rather than picking
and playing the first one. It can be found here
<http://code.google.com/p/minimyth/source/browse/trunk/gar-minimyth/script/myth-trunk/mythstream/files/mythstream-0.18_qt4-apple_parser_resolutions.patch>

> Next, YouTube still does not work. I'm not doing anything complex. I am
> using the builtin YouTube top viewed today. When I try I get a no data
> received message.

I have found YouTube to be somewhat flaky. Sometimes, I get no data, yet
later with the exact same query it works. I do not not why it happens.

> Streamcast now works, thanks. Now to figure out how to add streamcasttv.
> There seems to be a parser but it does not get automatically added to the
> list. Plus not sure if it works.

You should be able to add it using the MythStream setting screen under:
"Utilities / Setup" -> "Setup" -> "Media Settings" -> "MythStream Settings"