[mythtv-users] Consecutive recordings / overlapping

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 09:39:36 UTC 2009

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 06:29:55 pm Johannes Schneider wrote:
> I think the best solution is that those overlapping 20 minutes (10
> minutes earlier + 10 minutes later) between two consecutive recordings
> should be contained in both recordings.
> Any hints how that could be achieved?

What are you recording? ATSC? DVB? With digital tuners myth can can use
multirec to overlap recordings on the one multiplex using one tuner. But you
need to use hard padding rather than soft padding.
  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex

This does require Myth 0.21+

--
Lindsay