[mythtv-users] VDPAU playback issue

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:20:11 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 4:46 PM, David Asher <asherml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I figured that was probably what's going on.  In this case though,
> the logs show nothing really out of the ordinary and it IS playing -- -v
> playback is giving the number of frames played, frame rate, etc.
> Also it happens EVERY time I try and play this recording (which is still
> recording).
>
> On Aug 15, 2009, at 4:42 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
> On Aug 15, 2009, at 1:10 PM, David Asher wrote:
>
> I just had an interesting thing happen.
>

> I'm running trunk r21261 (from mythbuntu weekly trunk builds) and using
> VDPAU.
>

> When I try to play a recording which is still recording it starts up like
> normal, I get a flash of the video (like 1-2 frames max), and the the screen
> changes to a settings page.  I'm not actually AT the settings page -- I can
> hear the audio of the video playing, but I can't see it -- mythfrontend.log
> shows the normal playback information.  The olnly differences seem to be
> with messages around syncing position map.
>

> Anyone seen this?
>

> It's displaying the last thing in the buffer. I've seen this when the video
> fails to play. I don't know why yours isn't, but it has nothing to do with
> the settings screen.
>
> -Brad

I've had this same issue with many of my recordings using VDPAU, something
like 2/3rds of the time when I start playback.  It doesn't seem to make a
difference for me whether the files are still recording or not.  For me,
going into the program guide and then exiting back out usually fixes it.
 Does this work for you?

Thanks,
Alex