[mythtv-users] Via XvMC & Myth

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 23:02:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been trying for a long time to get XvMC on my Via board to work in
recent distributions of Myth with no luck; the most recent distribution I
have had working is MythDora5. However I have recently found this post on
ubuntu forum which indicates the problem is with the openchrome drivers.
Does anyone know how to get this patch working on 9.04 - unfortunately this
is way beyond me.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=6269306&postcount=14

I have used all the tutorials and guidance I have found on the web to no
avail and the xorg website says that it should just work with minor
configuration (but referring to the link above) however that may not be
quite true.

I hope someone on here can shed some light on this; I am sure you all have
much more experience than me.

thanks

Rich
Frontend/Backend: Intel Core2Quad with Hauppauge Nova-T500 DVB-T tuner
Frontend: via SP13000 running off USB stick for silent running and 2 x 500gb
hard drives for backups (not running except during occasional backups).