[mythtv-users] Restrict tuner usage at a given time

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 03:09:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Steve
Harrington<mythlist at the-harringtons.org> wrote:
> I just thought of something else.  My IRBlaster channel changing sh script
> is this:
>
> REMOTE_NAME=dish4
> irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME select
> sleep 0.5
> for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
> irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
> sleep 0.5
> done
> irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME select
>
> I got this off of the Ubuntu wiki.  It presses select before it does
> anything else.  Perhaps that will solve your issue.

Prepending Select to the channel changing script is exactly the right
solution to that problem.  BTW, I also like to send a "cancel" button
at the very end to get the DISH OSD to disappear more quickly.

As to the original question, I suggest a manual recording schedule
that records from say 3:00-3:10 daily on some DISH channel, with an
increased recording priority, low-quality recording profile (to
minimize wasted disk space), keep just 1 episode, record new and
expire old, and put into some non-Default recording group so it
doesn't pollute your recorded programs listing.

Jim