[mythtv-users] Updating Toronto Ontario OTA channel map...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 18:41:38 UTC 2009

As noted in a past e-mail Schedules Direct is now offering digital
over the air channel listings for locations in Canada, which is nice.
But a quick glance at the current line-up shows some ... issues. High
powered Buffalo NY analog stations are still listed and some new
digital stations are not listed.

I sent in a note to Schedules Direct noting the most glaring of
issues. I received back a response that could be summed up as ...
okay, what should things look like?

My location in Toronto is less than ideal (some large tall buildings
nearby) and my equipment not ideal (a good but not top of the line
antenna mounted on the roof). So, before I respond the Schedules
Direct I would like to know what the ideal channel line-up for Toronto
should be? In other words if you had a first rate antenna on a tall
tower (or tall building) with a first rate TV what channels could you
reasonably hope to get. My first pass at that answer (for which I
relied in part on the data at : http://www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/) is
below:

  2-1 WGRZ-DT1
  2-2 WGRZ-DT2
  2-3 WGRZ-DT3
  3 CKVR1
  4-1 WIVB-DT1
  5 CBLT
  5-1 CBLT-DT1
   6 CIII
  7-1 WKBW-DT
  9 CFTO
  9-1 CFTO-DT1
  11 CHCH1
  11-1 CHCHDT1
  12 CHEX1
  13 CKCO1
  15-1 CKXT-DT
  17-1 WNED-DT1
  17-2 WNED-DT2
  17-3 WNED-DT3
  19 CICA1
  22 CHEXOSH1
  23-1 WNLO-DT1
  25 CBLFT1
  25-1 CBLFT-DT1
  26-1 WNYB-DT
  26-2 WNYB-DT2
  29-1 WUTVDT1
  29-2 WUTVDT21
  36 CITS1
  36-1 CITSDT1
  41 CIII1
  41-1 CIIIDT1
  44-1 CJMT-DT
  47 CFMT1
  49-1 WNYODT1
  49-2 WNYODT21
  51-1 WPXJDT1
  51-2 WPXJDT2
  51-3 WPXJDT3
  51-4 WPXJDT4
  52 CKXT1
  57 CITY1
  57-1 CITYDT1
  64-1 CFMT-DT
  66-1 CKXT-DT
  69 CJMT1

What errors (if any) are there in the above, and should I be including
any stations from Rochester, NY?

Thanks.

Colin McGregor