[mythtv-users] VDPAU playback issue

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:22:26 UTC 2009

2009/8/18 David Asher <asherml at gmail.com>

> I just had an interesting thing happen.

>> I've had this same issue with many of my recordings using VDPAU, something
>> like 2/3rds of the time when I start playback.  It doesn't seem to make a
>> difference for me whether the files are still recording or not.  For me,
>> going into the program guide and then exiting back out usually fixes it.
>>  Does this work for you?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>

> Yep, that worked...  Thanks for the workaround.
>
> It does appear that I can recreate it on any inprogress recording.  I'll
> have to try and figure out what's happening.
>
> David.

I've been seeing the same thing for a while.  I was pretty sure that it has
been discussed on one of the lists previously and was a known issue that
would be addressed.  However I have searched and can't find a reference to
it so I may be making that up.  I've also found that Alt-Tab-ing to
something else and back usually sorts it, though that might not be
appropriate to your setup.

Stephen