[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation Socket 775 with NTSC TV Out

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:09:24 UTC 2009

 Hi
Is there such a thing?

I have been searching without look so far

I have an Asus  M2NPV-VM (socket AM2) that suddenly decided not to boot. It
would attempt booting but the
logo screen would not show up. Nevertheless I could turn it off by keeping
the start button pressed for a more than a few seconds.
There were not beeps.

I already saw some other options in socket AM2 (Biostar TA690G AM2, MSI K9
something), But lately I have standardized myself on Socket 775 so I wonder
if there is any socket 775 tv out motherboard out there.

I know I can use a graphics card, but the only ones I have seen with
composite out is some Jaton brand I've never heard about.It would be a more
expensive route, I think.

On the other hand I am not sure if the problem with my current board is the
board itself or the CPU. I had a small accident with the CPU, but
I am sure if I can place a  new CPU without updating the BIOS assuming the
board works, therefore I would need to buy two AM2 CPUs, one to update the
bios and then
the real one I would be using.

I'd like to listen to your input on this.

Thanks

--
/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho at gmail.com