[mythtv-users] No connection to the backend (~every two weeks) -- Need help

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:40:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> There's a known issue with the MythTV socket code when used on new distros
> (or at least, likely, some new library version) that causes symptoms such as
> you're seeing.  Daniel K is currently experiencing the issue on his
> recently-upgraded system, so he's working on it.
>
> If that issue is what's causing the problems you're seeing, there's
> probably not a lot you can do until he gets it figured out and working
> (other than, maybe, going back to old distro versions--which may make
> upgrading to current 0.21-fixes Myth without pulling in the new libs causing
> issues a challenge).  Or, really, I should say that there's no known
> resolution for the problem at this time.  If you can figure something out
> you'll make a /lot/ of users very happy.
>
> Note, also, that the assumption the problem exists only on newer
> distros/with newer lib versions is based solely on anecdotal evidence.  So,
> even if you did go back to an old/not-upgraded distro and, maybe, compiled
> 0.21-fixes (and any dependencies you need to add whose packages would pull
> in other updated libs) from source, you may still encounter the issues.
>  (And, if you did, please let us know--as it would be another interesting
> data point.  And, especially if someone can figure out exactly which
> library/version is causing issues, knowing would be very helpful in fixing
> the issues.)

Is there an open ticket tracking this issue?  It would be helpful if there
isn't to have Daniel or someone open a ticket with the relevant log lines in
the description so that people searching for that error would find it and be
able to know if/when it was fixed.

Kevin