[mythtv-users] VHS Digitizing

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 18:29:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Michael T. Dean<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>Basically, these are the long version of what the other 2 posters (correctly) mentioned:

Mike thanks, I used much of the post below to "trick" MythTV.

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/232857#232857

What concerned me about the post was this line: "Set the "External
channel change command" to "/bin/true"" It just seemed a bit suspect
to me. I thought that change channel scripts were set there, and
"/bin/true" didn't seem like a script. So regrettably, I lost faith in
the post and stopped reading -- after I got what I thought I needed
from it. Perhaps, If I payed closer attention to who wrote the post I
would have read the whole thing.

Mind explaining what the /bin/true does? Might it tell MythTV to wait
for external change commands and ignore Myth's internal commands?

Thanks.
Preston