[mythtv-users] Starting live TV from the program guide

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 19:19:20 UTC 2009

I'm running 0.21, and I have a global JumpPoint key binding that calls
up the Program Guide.  If I bring up the program guide from within
live TV, I can move up/down to a different channel and then change to
that channel by pressing Select or Menu (depending on the particular
setup option).  If I bring up the program guide from outside live TV,
there seems to be no way to directly start watching live TV on a
channel of interest.  Am I missing something?  Is this just a simple
design oversight, or is there something more complex that I've
overlooked?  (I.e., is it something simple I might be able to fix
myself?)

(I don't really use Live TV myself, but this is something very clumsy
to explain to guests.)

Jim